The nucleus of the Nisshin Seifun Group: Aiming to become
the leading international company in its field
Nisshin Flour Milling Inc., one of the core companies of the Nisshin Seifun Group, is the flour milling arm of the company.
It supplies basic food materials such as wheat flour and premix products for manufacturing use, as well as other related products such as wheat bran, wheat germ and rye. As one of the leading companies in the milling industry in Japan it is making broad efforts to contribute to food culture and the development of new methods of doing business in the food industry.
Developing a global milling business network for the 21st Century
Nisshin Flour Milling Inc. helped to establish the role of wheat in the Japanese diet. However, great changes in the business environment in recent times, including the new wave of globalization, have had a major effect on the Japanese market. To cope with this globalized business environment and factor its implications into its medium and long-range planning, Nisshin Flour Milling Inc. is in the process of building an international flour milling network, with bases already operating in Canada, Thailand, U.S.A. and New Zealand. In this way, the company will be able to reap the full advantages of operating where its customers are located as it builds an international milling company that will have the strong support of its customers around the world.
- Miller Milling Company, LLC Winchester Plant, United States
Developing high value-added products and new IT-based information services
While strengthening its business base by developing high value-added products, Nisshin Flour Milling Inc. is also developing new uses for its products in the Japanese diet. One related activity is the "Sousyoku Club ", an information service for customers. The service is designed to collect news and information concerning new products and menu items in markets around the world and supply this information in detail to the company's customers as a source of ideas and methods to help them offer new products and menu items of their own. In this way Nisshin Flour Milling Inc. can work together with its customers to explore ideas for next-generation business. In addition the company utilizes its accumulated food know-how and technology in its authentic Neapolitan pizzeria chain. Other activities include developing a line of brewed seasonings, an organic waste recycling system and other products, indicating that Nisshin Flour Milling Inc.'s current vision has come to exceed the traditional boundaries of the flour milling business.
Nisshin Flour Milling Inc.
|Primary business areas:||The manufacture and sale of wheat flour, bran, bakery mixes, ready-made and other food-related items|
|Head office:||25, Kanda-Nishiki-cho 1-chome, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, JAPAN|
- Nisshin Grain Silo Inc.
- Manages grain silo operations; responsible for the efficient and reliable supply of grains
- Fresh Food Service Co., Ltd.
- The sale of frozen noodle products and development of restaurants that serve wheat flour-related food products
- Nisshin Management&Technical Consulting Inc.
- Provides broad support for Nisshin Flour Milling Inc.'s customer services
- Rogers Foods Ltd.
- A Canadian flour milling company that is part of a Nisshin network planned for North America
- Nisshin-STC Flour Milling Co., Ltd.
- A Thai joint venture that performs milling and sales operations in the Southeast Asian region
- Miller Milling Company, LLC
- The manufacture and sale of durum semolina, bakery flour and tortilla flour for North America
- Champion Flour Milling Ltd.
- The manufacture and sale of wheat flour, bakery mixes and other food-related items