In accordance with our corporate principle of “contributing to a healthy and fruitful life for all,” the Nisshin Seifun Group has made a consumer-oriented voluntary declaration in order to further strengthen consumer-orientated management.
Voluntary declaration of consumer orientation
As we develop our consumer goods business for the global market, we will remain committed to our guiding philosophies of “the basis of business is built on trust” and to be “in tune with the changing business climate,” along with our corporate principle of “contributing to a healthy and fruitful life for all.”
Message from the President (Executive commitment)
In order to remain as a group of companies that society truly depends upon, we will continue to fulfill our corporate social responsibilities, including delivering food safety, implementing internal controls systems, practicing thorough compliance, respecting human rights, and contributing to environmental conservation and to society. We will also make constant effort to win the active support of all stakeholders, including shareholders, customers, business partners, employees, and other members of society, as a corporate group that delivers safety, reliability, and healthiness.
Ensuring corporate governance
- We recognize that strengthening corporate governance and internal controls are important to "remain as a group in which employees continue to take pride" and "enhance the long-term value of the Group."
- With the aim of realizing sustainable growth and maximizing long-term corporate value, our basic views on corporate governance are to (i) develop an efficient management system and clarify management responsibility and (ii) promote management that respects the status of each stakeholder and makes decisions in a transparent, timely, and appropriate manner.
Proactive engagement with employees (Cultivating employee awareness and corporate culture)
- We distribute and share information from consumer protection agencies and other consumer-related organizations with management and employees as appropriate in order to raise consumer-oriented awareness within the Group.
- In order to meet the needs of a diverse range of consumers, we carry out consumer-oriented management training with the aim of leveling up both the management team and employees.
Organic coordination between internal departments (between business departments and consumer-related corporate departments*)
- We constantly work to accurately gauge the needs and wishes of consumers and business customers and then maximize satisfaction by providing safe, reliable, high-quality products and services that are backed by trust.
- If an incident occurs that threatens the trust placed in us by consumers, we respond swiftly to resolve the situation. Employees report immediately to the senior management team who quickly establish an emergency quality issue response task force. This task force then confirms the details of the incident, investigates any causes, considers whether a recall is necessary, and takes measures to ensure that it will not be repeated.
* Departments that are engaged in operations related to product consumption and consumer behavior, including quality assurance, consumer and customer affairs, and compliance-related operations such as legal affairs.
Enhancing the provision of information to consumers and facilitating information exchange
- In order to continue receiving the active support of our stakeholders, we create a range of opportunities for communication with each stakeholder group.
Improvement and development based on feedback from consumers and society
- We strive to raise consumer satisfaction by reflecting the feedback we receive in our business activities and to focus on consumer-oriented corporate activities.
April 1, 2017
Nisshin Seifun Group consumer-oriented initiatives
Please see the links below for details of past initiatives.
- FY2020 Consumer-Oriented Voluntary Declaration and Follow-up Activities Report (Japanese only)（2.6MB）