Processed Food Business
An Exciting Lineup of Healthy Foods for Japanese and Overseas Markets
Wide range of premixes, pastas, and pasta sauces
In addition to flour for home use, the main products in our Processed Food Segment include home-use and commercial-use premixes, pastas, and pasta sauces marketed under the Nisshin, Ma･Ma, Ao-no-Dokutsu, De Cecco, and Welna brands. Our commercial premixes can be blended to meet customer requirements, and we offer ideas for a variety of occasions in Japan and overseas.
We are building a sophisticated global production and supply network. In Japan we have achieved ISO 22000 certification as a unified organization, and our plants are regularly inspected and consistently achieve high ratings under the AIB International Consolidated Standards for Inspection of Prerequisite and Food Safety. We are strengthening our cost competitiveness and profit structures by building systems optimized for specific products, including pasta in the United States and Turkey, pasta sauces and commercial premixes in Thailand and Vietnam, and commercial premixes in China.
Meeting new consumer needs by combining easy preparation with delicious tastes to create an enhanced range of high-added-value products
In Japan, population decline, demographic aging, and other social changes are driving growth in demand for individual meals and small-quantity products, as well as increased consumer interest in health, luxury foods, authentic cuisine, and foods that can be prepared easily and quickly. Nisshin Foods, which specializes in B to C products, is further expanding its range of high-value-added products that meet the needs of these consumers by stepping up its product development efforts with the emphasis on simplicity and convenience, authenticity, and health.
We are also expanding our network of sales offices in Asian markets in anticipation of opportunities resulting from population expansion and economic growth. In January 2020, the Nisshin Seifun Group’s first premix factory in Vietnam became operational as a supply base for ASEAN markets. We will continue to develop overseas bakery and food service markets, especially in ASEAN and China, by strengthening our relationships with local customers.
Growth Strategies for the Long-Term Vision
- Maintain and strengthen the earnings base of ambient temperature household-use products while converting the business structure to B to B premix business and frozen foods business.
- Expand our high-value-added products with simple & convenient, authentic, and healthy features to create value and become a true R&D-driven company.
- Advance and accelerate the development of overseas business for the “overseas push”
- Nisshin Foods Inc.
- The manufacture and sales of pastas, pasta sauces, premixes, flour for consumer use, heat-and-serve products, dried noodles and frozen food products
- Nisshin Seifun Premix Co., Ltd.
- Global company responsible for the domestic manufacture and sales of commercial-use premix products and the expansion of this business into overseas markets
- Ma･Ma-Macaroni Co., Ltd.
- The manufacture of Ma･Ma brand pasta using state-of-the-art facilities
- Thai Nisshin Seifun Co., Ltd.
- The manufacture and sales of pasta sauces and frozen products for the Japanese market
- Thai Nisshin Technomic Co., Ltd.
- The manufacture and sales of commercial-use premix products for Southeast Asian market
- Medallion Foods, Inc.
- The manufacture of pasta in the United States for the Japanese market
- Shin Nisshin Seifun Foods (Qingdao) Co., Ltd.
- The manufacture and sales of commercial-use premix products in the Chinese market
- Vietnam Nisshin Seifun Co., Ltd.
- The manufacture and sales of pasta sauces products for the Japanese market
- Vietnam Nisshin Technomic Co., Ltd.
- The manufacture and sales of commercial-use premix products in the Vietnamese market
- PT. Indonesia Nisshin Technomic
- Sales of commercial-use premix products in the Indonesian market
- Nisshin Seifun Turkey Makarna Ve Gida Sanayi Ve Ticaret A.S.
- A Turkish company manufacturing pasta for the Japanese market